The Crestmoor Park Garden Club began in 1950 with six charter members. The Club grew quickly and by the end of the year there were 45 members.
In 1951, the Club became a member of The Colorado Federation of Garden Clubs and participated in flower shows across the state. In 1955, the club served as advisors on the landscaping for both the new Crestmoor Community Association Swim Club and the islands throughout the neighborhood.
The Club is the oldest in the Crestmoor neighborhood and many of the club's scrapbooks, minutes, president notes and member booklets are stored in the archives at the Denver Public Library in the Western History department.
In 2000, the Club celebrated its 50th anniversary with a luncheon at the Denver Country Club, honoring charter member Lavern Swalm. 2015 marks the club’s 65th anniversary.
This video describes the history of the Club and was created for the Club's 65th anniversary luncheon.
The Crestmoor Park Garden Club has supported many community organizations over the years. Some of these organizations include the Denver Botanic Gardens, the Bluff Lake Nature Center, the Sandcreek Regional Greenway, the Nature Conservancy and Carson Elementary School. The Club has also supported the Park People to restore some of Denver's more notable landmarks, like the Four Mile House and more recently the sundial at Cramner Park.